Top 19 Best Online UI/UX Design Courses You Must Take
Today, UX design is a thriving niche. The demand for UX designers continues to increase in today’s job market. Are you looking to join the world of UX design? Here is our list of the top 19 best online UX design courses to take. We’ll give you a quick summary of each course, so you can find the right course for you.
Coursera Special Offer: From NOW - January 31, 2023, get $200 USD off your first year of Coursera Plus Annual!
1. Hack Design
Image from Hack Design
After signing up for Hack Design, you’ll receive lessons every week. They might be a tutorial, tip, or article which has some interesting insights. The lessons are created by some of the world’s top designers who work at the companies like Airbnb, Salesforce, and TED.
- Price: Free
- Website: https://hackdesign.org/lessons
2. Design Better (InVision)
Image from Design Better
Design Better owns by InVision, which offers great educational resources and allows you to prototype websites easily. You can find hundreds of UX design books, podcasts and articles on Design Better. They invited many great designers from top companies like Google, Airbnb and Logitech to share their design experiences on their podcast. I recommend this episode, in which Airbnb's Inclusive Design Lead Benjamin Evans talks about design thinking, research, and storytelling to ensure a more inclusive experience for all its users.
- Price: Free
- Website: https://www.designbetter.co/
3. Digital Skills: User Experience (FutureLearn)
Image from FutureLearn
Formed in 2012, FutureLearn is also a learning platform providing hundreds of free online courses. You can learn about the basics of UX design and explore the UX design process like user research, wireframes and prototypes in this amazing course.
- Price: Free
- Website: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/digital-skills-user-experience
Image from freeCodeCamp
freeCodeCamp is a non-profit that offers free online coding classes, which also contain UX design. It advertises itself as “dedicated to teaching the world how to code for free.” Before dipping your toes into other high-cost UX design courses, be sure to check out their website and get as much information as you could - all for free.
- Price: Free
- Website: https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/tag/ux-design/
Image from Workshopper
Workshopper owns by AJ&Smart, a Digital Product and Service Design Studio in Berlin. On Workshopper website, you can find helpful articles and guides about UX design like UX Design: How to Get Started (A Full Guide) and How to Create a Killer UX Portfolio.
- Price: Free
- Website: https://www.workshopper.com/category/product-design-ux
Image from uxbeginner.com
As its name, Uxbeginner.com is packed with nuggets of knowledge about UX design: blogs, resources, courses, and career coaching. The website is run by Oz, a UX designer who dedicates to helping students get practical career skills and make a transition into UX design.
Except for the courses that need to pay, the site is entirely free to go through. Don't forget to subscribe to its weekly UX newsletter for free learning guides.
- Price: Resources and blog contents are free. Each course costs USD $97.
- Website: https://www.uxbeginner.com/
7. Introduction to UX Principles and Processes (Coursera)
Image from Introduction to UX Principles and Processes (Coursera)
Coursera is an online learning platform that allows you to learn from the best professors at leading universities around the world. It offers both paid and free courses. If you don’t want to spend $49 on the certificate, you can simply enroll for free.
If you are looking for a course that can offer you a strong foundation in the fundamentals of UX, give Introduction to UX Principles and Processes from the University of Michigan a shot! Apart from the basic concepts, you can also learn an in-depth overview of UX.
- Price: Free(USD $49 for certificate)
- Website: https://www.coursera.org/learn/introtoux-principles-and-processes
8. UX/UI Design Specialization (Coursera)
Image from UX/UI Design Specialization (Coursera)
Offered by the California Institute of the Arts, the Graphic Design Specialization comprises four courses, cover UX fundamentals, UI elements, and Web Design from strategy to prototyping.
- Price: Free (USD $49 for certificate)
- Website: https://www.coursera.org/specializations/ui-ux-design
9. Google UX Design Certificate (Coursera)
Image from Google UX Design Certificate (Coursera)
After finishing all 7 courses, the skills that you’ve learned would prepare you for an entry-level job. If you approach the course with the desire to know perspectives from Google designers and how Google specifically approaches design thinking, this is the right course for you!
- Price: USD $39/month after the initial 7 days free trial period.
- Website: https://www.coursera.org/professional-certificates/google-ux-design
10. User Experience Design Fundamentals (Udemy)
Image from Udemy
Udemy is an online learning platform for learning and teaching online. If you’re looking for UX Design courses and want to learn from the best, Udemy will not let you down.
Created by expert Joe Natoli, this ten-hour course is an excellent option for anyone who wants to grasp the basics of UX design and how to practice UX—from research to strategy.
- Price: USD $94.99
- Website: https://www.udemy.com/course/user-experience-design-fundamentals/
11. Intro to User Experience Design (SuperHi)
Image from SuperHi
Whether you are Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced level, you can find the course that fits you on SuperHi. SuperHi's Introduction to User Experience Design course aims at people who want to get into UX design. It includes user research, wireframing, prototyping, UI design, and user testing. If you currently are non-digital-focused designers wanting to design for the web or apps, this short online class developed by SuperHi is a perfect choice.
- Price: USD $149
- Website: https://www.superhi.com/courses/introduction-to-user-experience-design
Image from SKILLSHARE
Skillshare Special Offer: From NOW - January 31, 2023, use the discount code "AFF40dtp23" to save 40% on your first year of Skillshare Membership!
Skillshare is an online learning platform for a wide variety of creative topics. The great thing about Skillshare is that you can watch unlimited UX courses (and other categories) with a low-cost subscription. You can start from Earn Double as a UX designer, Intro to UX: Fundamentals of Usability and UI/UX & Web Design using Adobe XD 2018 - User Experience Design
- Price: Free trial for 30 days, then USD $32/month (USD $14/month paid annually)
- Website: https://www.skillshare.com/
13. LinkedIn Learning
Image from LinkedIn Learning
LinkedIn Learning is a subscription-based online learning platform that offers thousands of courses on UX design. Some of the best UX design courses you can find on LinkedIn include Advance Your Skills in UX Design, Learning Design Thinking: Lead Change in Your Organization, and Planning a Career in User Experience.
- Price: Free trial for 30 days, then USD $29.99/month (USD $19.99/month paid annually)
- Website: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/topics/ux-design
Image from LearnUX.io
Passionate about sharing his 10 years of experience in UX design, Greg Rog launched his learnux.io educational platform for those who want to learn in the field of UX design. He made his courses practical, which means you'll get tips and tricks based on real-life examples, and be able to create a full website or project to use your new skills in practice. You can start from Usability, Flinto and Zeplin.
- 12-month Membership: USD $144
- 1-month Membership: USD $15
- Website: https://learnux.io/
15. Become a UX Designer (Udacity)
Image from Udacity
The UX Designer Nanodegree program from Udacity contains content and curriculum to support three projects and one capstone to combine all your knowledge. In addition, anyone who enrolls in a Nanodegree will have access to Udacity’s Career Services which can prepare you for applying for jobs.
- Monthly Access: USD $359
- 3-Month Access: USD $927
- Website: https://www.udacity.com/course/ux-designer-nanodegree--nd578
16. Interaction Design Foundation
Image from Interaction Design Foundation
The Interaction Design Foundation, or IxDF, has been a leader in UX education since 2002. Their annual membership gives you unlimited access to all of their courses, masterclasses, and their design library. In addition, they have their community which allows you to expand your network and engage in conversations with peers.
- Professional: USD $180/year
- Design League: USD $2160/year
- Website: https://www.interaction-design.org/
Image from DesignLab
Designlab courses are self-paced, so students can complete the course in the way they want. You can begin with introductory courses or directly jump straight into UX courses. I recommend you to join its UX Academy. As a student, you’ll have a mentor who gives you timely feedback on work and leads you through every step of your job search process. It is worth mentioning that Designlab's mentors include top industry professionals from companies like Twitter, Airbnb, Dropbox, and more.
- 6 Monthly Payments: USD $7,149
- Upfront Payment: USD $6,749
- Flexible Long Term Financing: USD $7,441 - $8,111
- Website: https://designlab.com/
Image from Springboard
Springboard UX Bootcamp guarantees you to get a job in UX design. You'll have 1-on-1 mentorship from industry experts, which means you can get the real-world skills you need for a UX designer.
- Price: USD $7,900
- Website: https://www.springboard.com/courses/ux-career-track/
Image from Thinkful
The benefit of joining Thinkful's UX/UI Design Bootcamp is that you can get consultations and live teaching sessions from a mentor who works in the industry. Like Springboard, it also guarantees career support.
- Full-time plan: USD $12,150
- Part-time plan: USD $9,500
- Website: https://www.thinkful.com/bootcamp/ux-ui/#introduction
- Full Access: $199
- Basic: $99
- Website: https://uilearn.com/
- Core Plan: $1194 (6 monthly payments of $199, pay in full $997)
- Pro Plan: $1794 (6 monthly payments of $299, pay in full $1497)
- Team Plan: Calculate based on Pro Plan pricing, starting at 5 seats $7,110.75 ($1,422.15 per seat) , +5% discount for every added 5 member
- Website: https://shiftnudge.com/
20. ui Learn
Image from uilearn
The creator of this site does not have any formal design background nor does he went to art school, but he have made it all the way from to being a Senior Product Designer and working with clients such as BMW, Samsung and Panasonic and designed the user interfaces for products that are currently used by millions of people worldwide.
The course consists of a modern UI/UX curriculum, featuring 8 modules specific designed to help you to gain the competence, the confidence, and the professional mindset to design and improve any user interface from scratch.
21. Shift Nudge
Image from Shift Nudge
Shift Nudge is the systematic process to learn the visual skills of interface design, even if you don't have a design background. Perfect for those wanting to enter or advance in the field.
This course is absolutely jam-packed with all the best information for creating great visual design for interfaces. No fluff, just practical content tailored specifically for interfaces. The course consist of 80+ lessons, 30+ hours of content and a total of over 1000+ critique videos for you to dive in the world of ui and ux design.
Want to be more efficient in e-learning? Let Eagle help!
After viewing all these stunning classes, here’s a practical step to improve your design by using an organizing tool! Eagle is a desktop productivity tool that enables a powerful organizing system for all types of design files or even study notes!
Lastly, if you are eager to learn more design information and resources, visit and bookmark Eagle blog to become a better creative professional!
If you are still lacking inspiration and incentives to create something new, feel free to dive into Eagle Community to explore stunning assets shared by thousands of designers worldwide. Let Eagle be your best design assistant!